Viarray 1X1 Substrate Inspection
|Agency:||ENERGY, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Feb 13, 2020|
|Due Date:||Feb 28, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Special Notice (Updated)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-07:00) MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME, DENVER, USA
- Updated Published Date: Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm MST
- Original Published Date: Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm MST
- Updated Response Date: Feb 28, 2020 11:59 pm MST
- Original Response Date: Feb 28, 2020 11:59 pm MST
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Updated Inactive Date: Mar 14, 2020
- Original Inactive Date: Mar 14, 2020
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code:
- NAICS Code: 541380 - Testing Laboratories
Place of Performance:
Albuquerque , NM 87123USA
- Viarray Plastic Ball Grid Array (PBGA) (27X27) Substrates – product number 1X1 45X45 SM REV 5
- Microsections- product number 1X1 45X45 SM REV 5
The Subcontractor shall perform the following:
- Perform microsection evaluation in accordance with Association Connecting Electronic Industries IPC-6012, Class 3 (latest version) and drawing number 1X1 45X45 SM REV 5. Microsections will need to be mounted. Drawing takes precedent over IPC-6012.
- Isolate appropriately sized areas from each of the coupon pieces provided for solder float conditioning prior to micro-section mounting. Ensure minimal mechanical deflection of the substrate coupons occurs to prevent laminate damage. Perform Solder Floating/Thermal Stress test per IPC-TM-650 E using Test Condition B (500 +/- 9 degrees F).
- Provide a comprehensive report with photos and sample measurements. This shall include any re-polish and micro-etch that may be needed to perform the proper evaluation.
- If any microsection results indicate failure, randomly select three (3) additional substrates from the lot provided and perform the microsection evaluation again. Provide a second comprehensive report with photos and sample measurements. If the second microsection evaluation indicates one or more failures, contact the Sandia Delegated Representative (SDR) (see Section 7) for disposition of the lot. If the entire lot is determined to have issues, and the disposition of the lot occurs, NTESS will pay for the cross-section inspection only and the Subcontractor will halt the rest of the work listed within this SOW and return the lot.
Substrate Inspection (microsection inspection performed above must pass before proceeding)
- Perform visual inspection on each substrate (located on 1X1 45X45 single substrates) per IPC-A-600 Class 3 (latest version) and drawing number 1X1 45X45 SM REV 5. Drawing takes precedence over IPC-A-600.
Perform bow and twist validation via Go No-Go gauge “Slide Under Method” (maximum displacement of .025 inches for 1X1 45X45 SM REV 5 substrate acceptance to 0.5% Maximum Bow requirement). Complete on all substrates provided.
- Use the appropriately sized thickness gauges for the substrates being measured (strip vs. 1X1 format).
- Orient substrate between the two fixed thickness gauges with the bow direction facing down.
- Use the unaffixed metal block contacting both thickness gauges and slide across the substrate being measured. If contact is made to the substrate, it fails the warp requirement.
- Using IPC-TM-650 (latest version), test method 2.2.6A, inspect all non-plated thru holes on each substrate to ensure that they meet the diameter requirements per the provided drawing.
- Provide an inspection report with total number of substrates that passed along with the total number of visual inspections rejects and total number of bow & twist rejects.
- For any visual inspection substrate rejects, provide a detailed explanation with failure mode evidence.
Lot Traceability Requirements
- To maintain lot traceability, repackage all contents after inspection into the same individual bags as received.
- Segregate all reject substrates from passed substrates and place into ESD bags. Ensure bags are marked as either visual inspection rejects or bow and twist rejects.
- The test report shall include the substrate lot number that was inspected.
- Only ESD approved rubber bands to be used to secure JEDEC trays together (see Table 1 located in the attachments tab)
- Ensure that all 1X1 substrates are placed into the JEDEC trays so that the tray notch and the substrate pin 1 location (this is the corner without the gold fiducial) is in the top-left corner as shown. All substrates shall also to be placed with the top surface (1X die side) facing up and the solder ball side down (see Figure 1 located in the attachments tab).
Period of Performance
- Microsection inspection shall be completed within 24 hours after receipt of coupons and microsection results must pass before proceeding with any other inspections.
- Period of performance to be completion of at least 1000 substrates per business week (after receipt of lot) plus an additional four business days for receiving, microsection inspection, documentation and return shipping.
- Unless otherwise requested, return entire lot of all items provided into one shipment back to SNL.
- All provided materials shall be returned.
- Verify quantities of product on the shipping documentation.
- Handling, storage, packaging, and delivery shall be controlled to prevent damage, loss, deterioration, or substitution.
- All parts shall be returned using Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) protection and appropriate packaging to preclude damage during shipping.
- Ship parts based on information provided in the purchase order using SNL FedEx account, “Priority Overnight”.
- PO Box 5800
- Albuquerque , NM 87185
- Rick Chavez-Hatton
- Phone Number (o) 505-844-0979/ (c) 505-264-5674
- Matthew Madore
- Phone Number (o) 505-845-8557 / (c) 505-221-0124
- Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm MSTSpecial Notice (Updated)
- Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm MST Special Notice (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.